The J. Wood Platt EMPOWER Mentoring Program brings Platt Scholars and friends of the Trust together in one-to-one relationships in support of the Scholars potential career and professional development goals. All Scholars and mentors opt in and are paired based on the Scholar’s primary field of interest, desired work location and other mutual areas of interest.
Why Become a Mentor?
- PROVIDE feedback and critical thinking advice to our Scholars
- LEVERAGE your network in the professional landscape
- SHARE your leadership skills
- SUPPORT THE TRUST through service
Why Become a Mentee?
- GROW professional networks
- LEARN to navigate collegiate challenges
- DEVELOP your leadership skills
- EXPLORE opportunities and build your career path
One of the greatest values of mentors is the ability to see ahead what others cannot see and to help them navigate a course to their destination. - John C. Maxwell